[unisog] [unison] iChat

Butler, Kevin D butlerkevind at uams.edu
Fri May 11 13:40:28 GMT 2007

Here is a page from Apple's site
(http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106439). It does not
specifically reference any single firewall, but it should help in configuring
your Checkpoint. Just search the page for "iChat". So far, it looks like
these ports:

5060 UDP, 5190 TCP/UDP, 5222 TCP, 5223 TCP, 5269 TCP, 5297 TCP, 5298 TCP

By chance, what version of Checkpoint are you running? There should be a
couple of default groups (AOL_Messenger, MSN_Messenger, and Yahoo_Messenger),
that utilize some of the base ports that you need. If you still are having a
problem, feel free to contact me off list. I would not mind assisting.

Kevin D. Butler, MCP
IT Technical Security Department
4301 West Markham, Slot 637
Little Rock, Arkansas 72205