[unisog] Any GigaVUE 420 opinions?

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Tue Aug 12 19:45:58 GMT 2008

	Is anyone using a GigaVUE-420 (http://www.gigamon.com/) at 10 gigs?
I have an application where I'd like to aggregate 3 FDX gig connections in to
a 10 gig monitor box and this device looks to be able to do that (at least
on the current hardware: the overhead projector of the vendor :-)). I'd
appreciate comments / problems / sharp edges to watch for / experiences from
anyone using one at any speed (but especially at 10 gigs). Experiences with
driving the box from passive optical taps would also be of interest (what me
paranoid, nah :-)). It looks like it should work (certainly at gig and above
where HDX isn't an option) but I have been bitten before most notably by early
SysKonnect fibre gig cards which do default to HDX and disaster on a tap
without education in the form of a manual FDX option on the driver :-)). If
you reply to me I'll summarize back to the list in a week or so if I get any