[unisog] Any GigaVUE 420 opinions?

Bryan Zimmer bzimmer at ucsc.edu
Fri Aug 15 16:55:52 GMT 2008

I used their 1 gig product at a previous company and liked them. My
only complaint is that you can't dump the config as a text file like
you would with a Cisco (or other) network device. Instead you need to
run a bunch of show commands to get the current status of the system,
then translate the output into the commands that actually configure
the system. Very annoying. If you open a ticket and ask nicely their
support team will help translate the output.
-Bryan