[unisog] Suspicious Files

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Tue Dec 9 05:55:19 GMT 2008

On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 12:18:54 MST, Bob Henry said:

> configuration.  On the computer, the technician found many pictures of
> jet airplanes, interior and exterior pictures of Boise skyscrapers,
> pictures of the presidents planes, videos of planes crashing, pictures
> of airports, pictures of the walkways from the airport, a connection
> to American airlines flights.

Oh no... it's.... steganography. :)  No, wait... Bruce Schneier says you're
supposed to use JPEGs of giraffes for that.. ;)

Do you have *any* evidence that the kid is doing anything actually *illegal*?
Or is he just a plane freak?  Would you report a kid who bought a lot of
"true crime" books at the bookstore because he might be planning something?

Of course, if you searched *my* photo albums, you'd find tons of pictures of
buildings that a terrorist would likely want to blow up.  So am I a terrorist,
or just a guy who's heavily into architecture photography? (I'm obviously
heavily into *something* - the last time I was in San Francisco I shot 15
rolls of film.  In one long afternoon).

(*grumble* The number of truly gorgeous shots I've missed in airports and other
public spaces in the last few years just because I'd get hassled about it. I
will admit to a number of pictures of "No Cameras Allowed" signs though.. ;)