[unisog] DNS Manager?

Cal Frye cjf at calfrye.com
Fri Feb 1 16:40:56 GMT 2008

Alexander Clouter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Shawn L <shawnl at up.net> [20080201 09:43:28 -0500]:
>> Just wondering what everyone is using for a dns manager.  We currently just
>> use flat files and bind.  Update the
>> file, restart bind, rsync to the other master, and restart.  We're currently
>> looking at writing something that stores the
>> info in a database then writes out the files as needed, but were wondering
>> if anyone has a better way of doing it.
>>
> Urgh, the rest of us use LDAP :)
>
> http://bind9-ldap.bayour.com/

Hm. Could you help me see the advantage in using LDAP for this? I'm not
sure I follow...

--
Regards,
-- Cal Frye, Network Administrator, Oberlin College

    www.calfrye.com,  www.pitalabs.com

"The more appliances that middle-class existence requires, the more
influence their producers have over the texture of our lives." -- Robert
D. Kaplan.