[unisog] DNS Manager?

Robert Beer r-beer at onu.edu
Sat Feb 9 03:49:40 GMT 2008

On Feb 1, 2008, at 9:43 AM, Shawn L wrote:

> Just wondering what everyone is using for a dns manager.  We
> currently just use flat files and bind.  Update the
> file, restart bind, rsync to the other master, and restart.  We're
> currently looking at writing something that stores the
> info in a database then writes out the files as needed, but were
> wondering if anyone has a better way of doing it.

I am surprised no one has mentioned Sauron:

	http://sauron.jyu.fi/

The code is a little stale (2005) but a lot of effort went into the
PHP web code and Postgres schema.  A consultant took the schema and
scripted (via Perl) DDNS changes from the Postgres database for us so
no moving zone files out to servers.

This is a nice package that most persons do not seem to know about.

--
Bob Beer <r-beer at onu.edu>
Ohio Northern University, Information Technology, Ada, OH  45810