[unisog] Joining REN-ISAC hurdle

David Matusiak matusiak at uidaho.edu
Tue Feb 12 22:23:28 GMT 2008

I can second Dave Lundy's frustration.  I have a REN-ISAC member sitting 10
feet from me, yet I cannot obtain membership because he is not my direct
supervisor.  Now we are working on jumping through the hoops to find another
REN-ISAC member to vouch for me.

I fully understand why they want their community vetted so well, and I also
recognize the high level of value they provide to computer security workers
in the EDU realm, but it can be frustrating when you would like to
join/participate/benefit.  Best of luck to you, Dave!  Hope we make it to
"the other side" in 2008.

David M.

--
David Matusiak