[unisog] Blacklisted by Hotmail

Tim Lane tlane at scu.edu.au
Tue Feb 12 22:30:51 GMT 2008

Thanks Paul I will look into that

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: unisog-bounces at lists.dshield.org
[mailto:unisog-bounces at lists.dshield.org] On Behalf Of Paul Russell
Sent: Wednesday, 13 February 2008 2:07 AM
To: UNIversity Security Operations Group
Subject: Re: [unisog] Blacklisted by Hotmail

On 2/11/2008 10:52 PM, Tim Lane wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone experienced being blacklisted by Hotmail?  In order to remove
our
> current "blacklisting" we have been advised by Hotmail that we need to
> subscribe to their outsourced 'Sender Score Certified Program', however
> actually talking with anyone at Hotmail about the issue and its resolution
> is proving extremely challenging.
>
> If anyone has had any experience with dealing with Hotmail on this level
any
> advice/recommendations would be appreciated as this is now severely
> impacting our core business as many students have their email forwarded to
> Hotmail, and we are therefore unable to send an email to them.

I believe there has been some discussion of Hotmail delivery issues on the
HiEd-EmailAdmin list <http://listserv.nd.edu/archives/hied-emailadmin.html>.
You can view and search the archives without subscribing to the list, but
you must subscribe in order to post to the list.

--
Paul Russell, Senior Systems Administrator
OIT Messaging Services Team
prussell at nd.edu