[unisog] Joining REN-ISAC hurdle

Kees Leune LEUNE at adelphi.edu
Wed Feb 13 03:47:19 GMT 2008

I am in a similar situation; having just made the move to the USA from Europe, my professional network here is not as established (yet) as it could be. Adelphi is a small university with a predominantly regional focus, so getting the appropriate support is difficult at times.

The two-vouch hurdle is understandable, and I support it. What I do dislike is that there is no way to reach out to members to ask for vouches, since membership is not public and requests of that nature that I have made have gone unanswered. I'll be attending Educause security this year, so hopefully I'll have a chance to hook up with the right people.

-kees

Dr. Kees Leune CISSP
Information Security Officer
Adelphi University