[unisog] Joining REN-ISAC hurdle

John Kristoff jtk at depaul.edu
Wed Feb 13 11:46:43 GMT 2008

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 14:01:39 -0800
"David Lundy" <dlundy at pacific.edu> wrote:

[...]
> I am in fact the person that gets occasional rem-isac notices of
> security issues from our campus and those are appreciated.  Emails that
> encourage membership are frustrating to me.

David, and others in a similiar position,

I'm a memmber of the REN-ISAC technical advisory group (TAG) and while
I cannot speak on their behalf rest assured TAG and all of REN-ISAC
recognize your frustation and this problem in general.  There are some
changes under discussion and proposed to remedy the situation.  It is
more than just a consideration a this stage.

I'll make sure this topic remains at the top of REN-ISAC's "to fix" list
and that REN-ISAC works hard to get this done sooner than later.

Since you're not too far from San Jose, if you can get out there for
even part of the day for this event:

  <http://www.nanog.org/>

Shoot me an email off-list.  I believe at least a couple of REN-ISAC
members are attending and I'll help arrange a time for you to have a
lunch with them or something.  I think it would help you a great deal.
Shoot me an email offlist if you are interested.

John