[unisog] Windows (and mac?) security/management agents

Alex Schumann rubin at physics.umn.edu
Tue Feb 19 16:34:58 GMT 2008

Hello all,

We are evaluating the option of agent based management for our
non-domain windows and possibly mac machines. We are curious if anyone
here has any experience with agents such as bigfix. We are looking for
the ability to monitor/apply patches to windows and things like acrobat
& flash, as well as the ability to schedule & run arbitrary commands.
What do you recommend we look at? What should we be wary of?
--
Alex Schumann
University of Minnesota School of Physics & Astronomy