[unisog] Campus Security Warning Systems?

Cal Frye cjf at calfrye.com
Sat Feb 23 16:34:50 GMT 2008

McNabb, Jim wrote:
> Does anyone use a network based notification system?  If so, how to you
> handle non-university computer systems, I.E. student PCs that are not a
> member of your AD domain (and that you don't have admin rights on
> either).

As a first approximation, we're considering using either our bandwidth
manager or our NAC system to interrupt web browsing with an alert page.
Not perfect, but better than nothing, and it's another string on the bow.

--
Regards,
-- Cal Frye, Network Administrator, Oberlin College

    www.calfrye.com,  www.pitalabs.com

"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to
get its pants on. " - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)