[unisog] Campus Security Warning Systems?

Mike Lococo mike.lococo at nyu.edu
Sat Feb 23 16:31:15 GMT 2008

> What emergency communication systems are in place in other sites?  What
> works?  What doesn't?

There was a BoF on this at the April '07 I2 member meeting.  Have a look
through the slides from that meeting, although they're light on
actionable advice they're a good starting point on general thoughts and
strategies:

   http://www.uoregon.edu/~joe/notification/emergency-notification.ppt

Some institutions have opted to outsource their emergency alerting
infrastructure to multi-modal alert vendors that offer SMS, phone,
email, etc alerting.  We've had some discussions with SendWordNow, and
they haven't thrown up any major red flags that I'm aware of.

Thanks,
Mike Lococo