[unisog] good/cheap usb drives with encryption

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Thu Jul 10 15:47:38 GMT 2008

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 10:09:46AM -0500, Mark Monroe wrote:
> Purchased and used by grad students. They will have data that really
> should not be seen by other people. They will be used on their personal
> systems and some shared systems.
>
> Mark

	How is the security of the machines being insured? Encryption is good
but it also isn't magic (a thing I have a lot of trouble with around here :-)
"its secure, its encrypted" even though the machine that its decrypted on is
totally insecure ...)
	Malware on the machine that your secure USB key decrpyts the data on
exposes the data. Shared systems are especially scary when mentioned in
conjunction with secure data.