[unisog] Traffic Shapers

Nagel, Lonnie lnagel at SFCCMO.EDU
Tue Jul 15 22:22:07 GMT 2008

We have also been using Packetshaper for many years and did the same
cost analysis as you - way back then.  I can't speak for Netequalizer
but we have been very pleased with the performance and benefits of the
Packeteer/Bluecoat product.

As to the fine tuning I would offer that :

If this is your 1st experience with an add on appliances - you will be
initially almost overwhelmed with the learning curve and "fine tuning"
or tweaking of the box.

If you have some significant experience with add on appliances and know
what you want the box to do for you - it could be a "set it and forget
it" type of installation.

I have found, however, that even with lots of experience in this type of
product usage - I do spend lots of time with the box which is more of a
"choice" than a "necessity".

* Lonnie Nagel * Network Manager * State Fair Community College *
Sungard Higher Education Managed Services * 3201 W 16th  Street  *
Sedalia, MO  65301 * 660-596-7314 * lnagel at sfccmo.edu *

CONFIDENTIALITY: This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain
disclosure or use is prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error,
please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system. Errors
using inadequate data are much less than those using no data at all.