[unisog] Mac OS X 10.5 Hardening Guide

Stephen J Smoogen smooge at unm.edu
Thu Mar 6 17:20:02 GMT 2008

On Thu, 6 Mar 2008, Mayne, Jim wrote:

> Can anyone suggest a good OS hardening guide for Mac OS X 10.5 similar
> to the Center for Internet Security's OS X 10.4 guide?

I think the NSA and the CIS are working on 10.5 updates to their guides.
I would say go with that one where it works until they come out.

http://www.nsa.gov/snac/downloads_macOSX10_4Server.cfm?MenuID=scg10.3.1.1

At the usual rate it will be about 3-4 more months til they are ready
via all the usual test methods. [I have no inside info on this.. just
going from past experience with

--
Stephen Smoogen -- ITS/Linux Administrator
   MSC02 1520 1 University of New Mexico Albuquerque, NM  87131-0001
   Phone: (505) 277-8219  Email: smooge at unm.edu