[unisog] A couple network questions

Brian Friday bfriday at lasierra.edu
Tue Mar 11 21:45:35 GMT 2008

Hi All,

We have a unnamed vendor making some unique claims and I wanted to get
your input or thoughts since their claims were rather broad.

1) On average how many lines do you use for the security policies on
your routers/switches? In the event you would rather not say an exact
number is it greater than 150 or less than 150 lines?

2) How many vlans do you have on your network?

3) How many nodes do you have per vlan?

4) Is the limit you have on nodes a vendor limitation or a limitation
you have put in place for management reasons?

Many thanks I will post a summary to the list two days from now.

Brian Friday
Manager, La Sierra University's IT: Infrastructure Department
Tel: (951) 785-2900 / Fax: (951) 785-2908
Riverside, CA 92515
Email: bfriday at lasierra.edu

Infrastructure: It is the telephone on your desk, the wires in your
walls, the email you check daily, and the network that ties it all
together.