[unisog] Job posting: Enterprise ERP Security Administrator
JBAZELE at luc.edu
Thu Mar 20 20:48:23 GMT 2008
Loyola University Chicago is seeking applicants to fill a full time Enterprise ERP Security Administrator position. For full position information or to apply please go to www.careers.luc.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=51824 .
Duties and Responsibilities
The Enterprise ERP Security Administrator is responsible for the development, implementation and administration of security roles and job profiles for the enterprise applications that support the administrative and student services functions of Loyola University Chicago. This is specifically but not limited to the PeopleSoft/Oracle Campus Solutions system. The role will also assume responsibility for compliance oriented tasks within the Security area of the Information Technology Services (ITS) department. This position will work closely with multiple divisions across the university as well as within ITS.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform PeopleSoft account administration including additions, changes, deletions, and account analysis.
- Complete assigned change requests in an accurate, timely, and prioritized fashion.
- Ensure that the appropriate functional security roles and associated job profiles exist to provide proper access to the functions and data within PeopleSoft.
- Develop and maintain university-wide ERP security administration policies, processes and procedures consistent with accepted industry and university practices.
- Propose the implementation/introduction of new security administration technology in the production PeopleSoft operating environment.
- Conduct routine audits to ensure that the security setup and application usage within PeopleSoft/Oracle Campus Solutions and other designated applications is in compliance with internal and external security requirements.
- Review PeopleSoft and key system transactions logs as necessary.
- Assist with the annual ITS security assessment and corresponding resolution of high-risk and compliance related items.
- Where required provide PeopleSoft security training and awareness.
- Perform additional tasks as directed.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science or similar field, or comparable work experience.
- At least three years of hands-on security administration experience including security administration experience for a large scale ERP system/project, preferably in a higher education environment. (Relevant industry training or experience is acceptable).
- Exposure to security audit and compliance processes and functions.
- Ability to build strong, trustworthy partnerships and value-added relationships with technology and institutional stakeholders.
- Ability to show initiative and work independently and on teams.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Problem Solving - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Generates creative solutions; Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in both group and individual problem solving situations. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Interpersonal - Great attitude and strong work ethic; Ability to work independently and in team settings; Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality and follows ITS and other university policies regarding data security and protection; Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others; Able to communicate technical ideas and concepts to non-technical audiences; Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically; handles sensitive and confidential issues and materials appropriately.
- Organizational - Supports organization's goals and values; Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Adapts strategy to changing conditions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- At least two years of hands-on PeopleSoft/Oracle Campus Solutions administration experience (higher-ed modules preferred).
- In-depth understanding of PeopleSoft/Oracle Campus Solutions delivered security functionality and capabilities preferred (e.g., PeopleTools, User Profiles, Roles, Permission Lists), Vers. 9.0 preferred.
- Experience in a higher education environment preferred but not necessary.
- Working knowledge of pertinent regulations (e.g., FERPA, HIPAA).
- General understanding of application development environments and lifecycles, security architectures and database schemas.
More information about the unisog