[unisog] Encryption and key escrow.

Ali, Saqib docbook.xml at gmail.com
Fri May 2 17:57:36 GMT 2008

bad idea.

In addition to issues you already mentioned there could be legal
issues as well. Remember a digital record is not just a digital record
- it is potential evidence in a lawsuit. And if the that digital
record is encrypted without you having the capability to decrypt it,
you could get in trouble.

If you advise the users to use truecrypt (or similar), you may be held
liable to decrypt it in case of investigation. If they do it on their
own i.e. without your knowledge, then you are no longer responsible.

Best thing is it to look for a key management solutions.

saqib
http://doctrina.wordpress.com/