[unisog] VOIP considerations checklist?

Pete Hickey pete at shadows.uottawa.ca
Thu May 22 14:42:23 GMT 2008

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 10:03:27PM -0400, Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:
> On Wed, 21 May 2008 17:34:41 EDT, Pete Hickey said:
>
> > 911:  We have a reasonable setup that works reasonably well.
> > Our 911 is programmed to call our security people but it
> > transfers to the city's 911 if not answered in 0.1 seconds.
>
> Is that an intended automatic fallover to the city, or is 0.1 a typo

Automatic fallover.  It is enough time for the PC to grap the calling
line ID (internal extension) beep and display it on the screen.
Our security staff do not handle the 911 directly.

Pete Hickey                          October Blend:
The University of Ottawa               The duck
Ottawa, Ontario                        flavored
Canada                                  coffee.