[unisog] looking for defintion

vijay at ericavijay.net vijay at ericavijay.net
Thu May 22 15:09:59 GMT 2008

Hi Ch,

I assume you are talking IT related the list being Unisog. There are few
good definition of proactive and reactive security services.

Proactive Security:  Getting an assessment or snapshot of your environment,
its governance model and planning to fix the gaps.
Activities Example:
    Code Assurance Testing
    Penetration Testing
    Risk & Vuln Assessment
    Governancec & Compliance Testing

Reactive Security: Watching the current active environment for threats,
exploits and compromises - alerting or automating action
Activities Example:
    Log Monitoring and Event Correlation
    Security Device Management (Automated)
    DOS and DDOS Mitigation