[unisog] VOIP considerations checklist?

Harris, Michael C. HarrisMC at health.missouri.edu
Thu May 22 15:29:04 GMT 2008

Another point I have not yet seen expressed, is the level of complexity added when Network Access Control is implemented especially in an environment where PC are attached to the data port on the VoIP phone set. Depending upon the vendor of the phones, the upline network gear and the NAC solution chosen, NAC and VoIP may not play well together. Consistency in VoIP phone sets and a common vendor solution across all three elements helps.

Mike

     | Michael C. Harris,                                CISSP|
     | Principal Security Analyst & Clinical Instructor       |
     | University Of Missouri Health Care                     |
     | harrismc at health.missouri.edu                     KCØPAH|
     | Sadly, ease of use, financial and operational          |
     | realities often trump security.                        |