[unisog] Reminder: Hotel block ends tomorrow 10/3 - Securing the eCampus 2008

Adam Goldstein adam.goldstein at Dartmouth.EDU
Thu Oct 2 14:40:25 GMT 2008

As a reminder, the guaranteed hotel pricing for Securing the eCampus
2008 ends tomorrow (10/3).
Conference dates: November 11th and 12th in Lebanon/Hanover, NH
Registration is only $99

Full agenda and conference information now posted at
http://www.dartmouth.edu/comp/about/conferences/security/

M.E. Kabay has published a nice article about the conference:
http://www.networkworld.com/newsletters/sec/2008/092908sec2.html

Thanks and we hope to see you in November!

- Adam Goldstein (Dartmouth College)

---
Last year CIOs, CISOs and other academic IT leaders met in Hanover, NH
to discuss how information security has become a significant campus-wide
concern and an institution-wide responsibility. We are pleased to
announce the second annual “Securing the eCampus” conference and invite
you to join us this year for an extended program in discussing the
unique challenges of cyber security in academia and what it takes to
build a culture of security at your institution.

The conference will begin on November 11th and will conclude on the
afternoon of November 12th. Our main topics for discussion will include:
strategic planning and decision making for information security in
higher education, emerging trends in information security, data security
and the unique challenges posed to academic institutions, and security
awareness. Details on the conference and registration information can be
found on our website at:
http://www.dartmouth.edu/comp/about/conferences/security/.

The registration fee for the conference is $99 and includes breakfast,
lunch, snacks and a networking event on November 11th and breakfast,
lunch and snacks on November 12th.

We have set aside a block of rooms for the conference at the site of the
first day’s events, the Courtyard by Marriott - Hanover/Lebanon. The
guaranteed room rate is $139 for a single/king. To get the group rate
call 603.643.5600 and ask for the "ISTS – DARTMOUTH COLLEGE" block. You
can also register online at www.marriott.com/lebcy and enter "ISTISTA"
for the group code. Please make your reservations as soon as possible.
The cutoff date for the room block is Friday, September 26th. Full hotel
contact information is:

Courtyard by Marriott - Hanover/Lebanon

10 Morgan Drive Lebanon, NH 03766

Phone: 603.643.5600

FAX: 603.643.1578

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/lebcy-courtyard-hanover-lebanon/

Other hotel options are available on our website.

This workshop is co-sponsored by the Institute for Security Technology
Studies (ISTS) and Peter Kiewit Computing Services (PKCS) at Dartmouth
College. Additional information about ISTS can be found at
http://www.ists.dartmouth.edu/. Information on Computing Services can be
found at http://www.dartmouth.edu/comp/.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions regarding
the workshop. For conference content and agenda questions, please
contact either:

Tom Candon

Institute for Security Technology Studies

Thomas.K.Candon at Dartmouth.EDU

603.646.8748

Adam Goldstein

Peter Kiewit Computing Services

Adam.Goldstein at Dartmouth.EDU

603.646.9964

For conference logistical questions, please contact:

Nicole Hall Hewett

Institute for Security Technology Studies

Communication and Events Manager

Nicole.Hall.Hewett at Dartmouth.EDU

603.646.0714

We look forward to seeing you in November!
---