[unisog] Guidance needed (cellular detection)

Peter C. Lai peter at simons-rock.edu
Tue Dec 8 18:41:44 GMT 2009

BTW
For 802.11 you don't need active RF jamming. The way that vendor
infrastructure do it is by detecting ESSIDs that are trying to associate,
then rapidly send disassociate packets back (or use a PHY layer mechanism
to suppress the client by taking advantage of CSMA/CA and effectively
instill a global synchronization).

You could probably do something similar with cell phones, by detecting
their network association then inducing the ESN to constantly
disassociate; however cell tech is a lot different than wifi since it has
to interface with phone systems, so I am curious how this advertised
device could query the carrier for the ESN's number then send it a text
message...