[unisog] Remote Access to Staff Desktops

BACHAND, Dave (Info. Tech. Services) BachandD at easternct.edu
Mon Feb 23 15:03:39 GMT 2009

At Eastern we do a couple of things to support this need.

The first thing is we have a Juniper VPN, which supports Windows RDP.

The second thing we do is pre-define the necessary desktop firewall
exceptions for the Juniper to get to RDP on the desktop via an Active
Directory Group Policy Object.  This way the user needs only to enable
RDP and defined themselves as having remote access rights.

No other remote access is allowed.

This way we have control and auditing, and the ease of use is pretty
good.

Dave Bachand
Information Technology Services
Director of Technical Services