[unisog] - data tool

Chris Wilson chrisw at nipissingu.ca
Sat May 9 14:50:33 GMT 2009

One of the things we have been trying is Access Based Enumeration. It seems
to be working well.

Attached is the research I have done so far on ABE (remame to have .doc
extension).  As well, the following are some links with relevant information
on the utility.

Info regarding non-ABE enabled servers not being able to hide directories:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/303758
MS's Overview of ABE:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/techinfo/overview/abe.mspx
MS's White Pages for ABE:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/4/9/8/498EEEEF-97B0-450E-8E56-26105D4B092E/Accessbasedenum.doc
Download Location:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyIdA563D9-78D9-4342-A485-B030AC442084&displaylang=en

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 2:55 AM, Christoph Sprongl <ch at it-austria.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> looking for a tool either encryption or good ACLs unfortunatly for a
> Microsoft env., to make sure that only a specific group can share
> documents.
> Objective is that a sysadmin is really not able to look into the data.
>
> TrueCrypt encrypts containers, only one person can access the data.
>  FreeOTFE does have problems if data got accessed parallel -> data corrupt.
>
> Any ideas more than welcome!
>
> christoph

Christopher Wilson EET, A+
Network Support Technologist