[unisog] Forefront A/V

Clark Gaylord cgaylord at vt.edu
Tue May 19 19:42:01 GMT 2009

Lazerwitz, Ian wrote:

> Folks --
>

> Is anyone out there using Forefront client security for university
> desktop?  We are upgrading our CALs and it is included in the
> package.  Additionally, we would like to provide it to students for
> home use as well.  Just curious if anyone is using it and if so any
> feedback (positive or negative) would be appreciated.  We currently
> have SEP11 deployed.
>

> Regards,
>

> Ian

We have begun using it over Symantec and have been very pleased with it
thus far. It has been much more lightweight than Symantec, without all
the added crap that pseudo-security vendors add on to AV. It has also
been more successful at finding infections than the version of Symantec
that we had installed (it was not the most recent software, but AV
updates were being applied and up-to-date). I'm not sure I would pay
extra for AV since there such excellent, but since it was included in
our campus agreement, I have been very pleased with Forefront Client.

Clark

--
Clark Gaylord
Chief Information Officer