[unisog] Securing the eCampus 2009 - July 27-28, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH

Adam Goldstein adam.goldstein at dartmouth.edu
Thu May 28 19:53:24 GMT 2009

For the past two years CIOs, CISOs and other academic IT leaders have
met in Hanover, NH to discuss how information security has become a
significant campus-wide concern and an institution-wide  responsibility.
We are pleased to announce the 3rd Annual "Securing  the eCampus"
conference and invite you to join us this year in  discussing the unique
challenges of cyber security in academia and  what it takes to build a
culture of security at your institution.

The conference will begin on Monday, July 27th and will conclude on  the
afternoon of July 28th.  Our main topics for discussion will  include:
defining metrics for information security, interests of the  federal
government in promoting information security in colleges and
universities, updates on government policy as it pertains to academic
information security,  student interaction with technology and its
effect on security, and the latest trends from social (attacker
motivation) and technical (changing nature of attacks) perspectives.
The conference also includes break-out sessions focused separately on
technical and policy challenges faced by academic computing  administrators.

Details on the conference and registration information can be found  on
our website at:
http://www.dartmouth.edu/comp/about/conferences/security/
<http://www.dartmouth.edu/comp/about/conferences/security/>and on
NERCOMP's (the Northeast Regional Computing Program)  "Upcoming Events"
page (http://www.nercomp.org/events/event_single.aspx?idW67)

The registration fee for the conference is $100 and includes  breakfast,
lunch, snacks and a networking event on July 27th and  breakfast, lunch
and snacks on July 28th.

We have set aside a block of rooms for the conference at the  Courtyard
by Marriott - Hanover/Lebanon.  The guaranteed room rate  is $149 for a
single/king.  To get the group rate call 603.643.5600  and ask for the
"DC, eCampus" block.  You can also register online at
www.marriott.com/LEBCY and enter "SEGSEGA" for the group code.  Please
make your reservations as soon as possible.  The cutoff date  for the
room block is Monday, June 29th.  Full hotel contact  information is:

Courtyard by Marriott - Hanover/Lebanon
10 Morgan Drive Lebanon, NH 03766
Phone: 603.643.5600
FAX: 603.643.1578
http://www.marriott.com/LEBCY

Other hotel options are available on our website.

This workshop is co-hosted by the Institute for Security, Technology,
and Society (ISTS) and Peter Kiewit Computing Services (PKCS) at
Dartmouth College. Additional information about ISTS can be found at
http://www.ists.dartmouth.edu/.  Information on Computing Services  can
be found at http://www.dartmouth.edu/comp/.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions  regarding
the workshop. For conference content and agenda questions,  please
contact either:

Tom Candon
Institute for Security, Technology, and Society
Thomas.K.Candon at Dartmouth.EDU
603.646.8748

or

Adam Goldstein
Peter Kiewit Computing Services
Adam.Goldstein at Dartmouth.EDU
603.646.9964

For conference logistical questions, please contact:

Nicole Hall Hewett
Institute for Security, Technology, and Society
Communication and Events Manager
Nicole.Hall.Hewett at Dartmouth.EDU
603.646.0714

We look forward to seeing you in July!