[unisog] iPhone OS 3.2 on iPad stops renewing DHCP lease, keeps using IP address

Irwin Tillman irwin at princeton.edu
Mon Jun 14 17:49:20 GMT 2010

Some other institutions had indicated that they were unable to reproduce the
issue Princeton reported.  We have recently updated "Steps to Reproduce the Bug"
to provide additional details about the circumstances in which the bug appears:

  http://www.net.princeton.edu/announcements/ipad-iphoneos32-stops-renewing-lease-keeps-using-IP-address.html#reproduce

Our latest workaround (recently revised to be more convenient for customers) is at:
   http://www.net.princeton.edu/ipad/ipad-iphoneos32-dhcp-workaround.html

Princeton is continuing to work with Apple to provide them with technical data to resolve the issue.

Irwin Tillman
OIT Network Systems / Princeton University