[unisog] Macintosh and Windows central management thru Windows Group Policy

Paul Guarino pguarino at suffolk.edu
Fri May 28 02:34:10 GMT 2010

Hi,
Wanted to see how others are handling Macs in a primarily Windows active directory environment using Windows as the central manager for group policies.

More and more Macs are being added to our environment and most are tied to Xserve with Open Directory. We would like to use Windows group policy as the single central enforcement to lock down computers after specific time of inactivity and similar gpo tasks. We are looking for a solution that will enable our Macs to accept these policies directly from the Windows server, rather than  having to recreate the policies on the Xserve to deploy to our Macs.

If anyone has a current successful manageable deployment, insight, gotchas, successes and/or failures I would appreciate any and all input.

Thanks,
Paul

Paul Guarino
Suffolk University

Notice:
This E-mail message is confidential, intended only for the recipient(s) named above and may contain information that is privileged, exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you have received this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please immediately notify the sender by return email or by calling (617) 573-8523, and delete this message from your computer. Thank you.