[unisog] Using Constant Contact campaigns and dealing with spam/content filters

Paul Russell prussell at nd.edu
Wed Nov 17 21:43:10 GMT 2010

On 11/17/2010 01:36, McLaughlin, Bryan S. wrote:
> We too are currently struggling with how to allow unsolicited email back
> into the campus to support various University campaigns.  We have
> various units using various outsource bulk email companies sending email
> to University staff, faculty, and students and inevitably it is block by
> our spam filters.  Whitelisting has become an all too common approach to
> solving this issue.

We are dealing with the same issues, and it seems like every entity on campus has its own
preferred ESP.  If the ESP uses a single envelope-sender address for the entire campaign,
we can whitelist by envelope-sender address, but that is not always possible.

--
Paul Russell, Senior Systems Administrator
OIT Messaging Services Team