[unisog] Using Constant Contact campaigns and dealing withspam/content filters

newtnoise at gmail.com newtnoise at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 01:16:22 GMT 2010

I think the issue is, if I interpreted correctly, that central IT offers similar services and that if a department opts to not use them, be it breaking policy or not, the solution exists centrally and they are deciding not to use it.  One stated they would like to know what the outside service offers (perception) that central IT maybe cannot provide, and that is an excellent step to providing for these stakeholders.

Bottom line, there are two sides, and I would submit that it is the institution's security officer's (or equivalent) responsibility to bridge those two sides.  That starts not with policy, or not even with implementing policy, but understanding business needs.  Still, departments part of a greater organization have as much responsibility in the "coming together" process as central IT.  Stalemates are very bad for information security.

Greg