[unisog] Enterprise monitoring software -- experiences?

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Nov 25 04:57:02 GMT 2010

We're in the process of evaluating several Enterprise Monitoring solutions from vendors, with a view to replacing our current Nagios/MRTG setup.  Obviously they're happy to refer us to reference sites who are guaranteed to provide a glowing review, but I'd be interested in hearing the experiences of anyone else out there.

Is there anyone here who has experience of installing and maintaining either IBM Tivoli, HP BSM, or EMC Smarts systems at their site?  If so, I'd like to hear what you think of them.

Thanks for your time...

Steve

Steve Shipway
ITS Unix Services Design Lead