[unisog] off topic: mass emailing

Andrew Cormack Andrew.Cormack at ja.net
Tue Sep 21 06:40:06 GMT 2010

Quite a few UK universities hit the spam level surprisingly early when students or staff forwarded their mail off to a commercial webmail service, then found it easier to hit the (large, prominent) "Mark as spam" button than to find out how to get off the list. It doesn't take many of those to lose all communication with your potential students *and* alumni on Hotmail/Gmail/Yahoo/etc.: something that may be worth mentioning to those who are keen to do mass-mailings :-(

Good luck
Andrew